Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Thirty Days of Buffy, Day 13: Favorite Potential

Um. No. None of the above. The least annoying is Felicia Day's character, Vi, so I guess her? I don't even know or care because, like so much of Season Seven, the idea of the Potentials could have been so much more interesting than it ended up being.

You know what? I'm going to do my least favorite Potential, who oddly enough isn't Kennedy, although she is a very close second for obvious reasons. But my least favorite is Lalaine's Chloe, partially because she uses the phrase "TTFN" unironically. She hangs herself because the First taunts her into it, which leads to my least favorite Buffy monologue of all time, which Anya calls the "everybody sucks but me speech."
"Anyone want to say a few words about Chloe? Let me. Chloe was an idiot. Chloe was stupid. She was weak, and anyone in a rush to be the next dead body I bury, it's easy. Just think of Chloe, and do what she did. And I'll find room for you next to her and Annabelle. I'm the Slayer. The one with the power. And the First has me using that power to dig our graves. I've been carrying you - all of you - too far, too long. Ride's over ... [to Kennedy] You're new here, and you're wrong. Because I use the power that I have. The rest of you are just waiting for me."
And really, this is where I was like, "Ugh, Buffy, why are you such an ass." I get that she has to be tough on these girls and remove herself from caring because a lot, if not all of them, are going to die. I don't even know where I was going with this, so I'm just going to stop and say CURSE YOU, SEASON SEVEN.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...