Friday, June 21, 2013

Thirty Days of Buffy, Day 26: Favorite Scooby Moment

Well, I obviously have decided to get around to these whenever I damned well feel like it, and dammit, I feel like getting this one done today. Why? Because I like you? Sure. We'll go with that.

But anyway, my favorite Scooby moment was, duh, in Season Four, which was the beginning of the break in the fellowship. I mean, sure, they hang out because they kinda have to, being saviors of the world on multiple occasions, but like I've said before, it seems - especially in later seasons - that this connection is more out of a "well, we know each other really well and other people would think we're crazy so friends?" kind of way.

Now, for some reason, I cannot find any images of the scene I'm talking about, except for this: 
And other variations.
And this: 
To be honest, that's kind of cool.
But that only captures one part of the "Scooby moment" in "Primeval" is when Buffy, Xander, Willow, and Giles get together for a spell that will combine their powers and abilities. Well, in Xander's case, it's more along the lines of what he represents in the group: Xander is the "heart," while Giles is the "mind," Willow is the "spirit," and Buffy is the "strength." Then they all combine and become this Super Buffy who rips the heart out of the second worst villain in the history of the show. See: above. 

This is my favorite because it sums up the Scooby Gang, prior to middle of the fifth season, after which Buffy just decides, "Meh, I love my friends and all, but I'm the SLAYER." There's a reason Buffy has lasted as long as she has as the Slayer; she has a support system of friends and (sometimes) family that ultimately make her stronger as a result. 

Granted, the spell comes to bite them in the ass the next episode (my favorite, "Restless") and they still continue to drift apart because yay adulthood, but let's savor the moment, shall we?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...