Friday, August 1, 2014

31 Day Battlestar Galactica Challenge, Day 1: How Did I Discover Battlestar Galactica?

I wish this was cooler, actually: that I'd seen the promos and ads everywhere on the SciFi channel, that I'd waited for the very first episode with a lingering excitement that kept me up at night. Alas, I did not. Honestly, I'd never even heard of the show, the original or the reimagining, until nearly the end of the first season, and the only reason that I ended up watching the finale of the first season was because I was flipping through and caught a glimpse of Katee Sackhoff's Starbuck fighting Tricia Helfer's Six. And it was a rerun. I was thoroughly confused but intrigued with the story, what little of it I'd witnessed. I didn't even see the first season until BSG came to Netflix. Because I'm horrible, basically.

But when the second season came out, oh, hell, yes, was I hooked. I watched every single episode on the day it aired and geeked out more than I care to admit. I was completely absorbed with the show's mythos, with the characters and their complicated (and real) relationships, with the music (Bear McCreary, you are a god among composers). It's rare that any TV show captivates me and has me begging to tune in every week and chomping at the bit during the summer months, when all I have is the internet to peruse for spoilers and little behind-the-scenes pictures. I was just ... hungry. 

Good show, Ronald D. Moore and David Eick. Good fucking show.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...