Monday, August 25, 2014

31 Day Battlestar Galactica Challenge, Day 25: Favorite Non-Canon Pairing

I'm not much of a shipper, usually. I don't really know why. Maybe I place too much trust in the writers, thinking that they're going to be realistic and non-pandery about relationships. For instance, I cannot see Athena with anybody other than Helo, and Roslin and Adama are absolutely perfect for each other*. Now, I can do the "well, they shouldn't be together" game really well (Lee and Dee, Cally and Tyrol, etc.), though, but I have a hard time creating relationships outside of what the show has already presented.

That being said, I do wonder about what would have happened had the Chief and Tory decided to embrace their past, where they were planning on marrying and having babies. I'm glad they didn't, since it would've been hella weird, since Tory murdered Cally (possibly out of jealousy in addition to fearing that their true identities would be revealed to the fleet). But it's an interesting notion.

I think that's all I can really say on this one. Sorry about the brevity. :( But here's some Kate Bush for your listening pleasure?


* True story: when he kissed her in front of people for the first time, I did a little fist pump.

< Day 24                   Day 26 >
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...