Thursday, May 28, 2015

31 Day Star Wars Challenge, Day 28: Favorite Quote

Star Wars, the original trilogy in particular, is such a quotable series that several quotes from the movies have become a part of our daily lexicon.
"May the Force be with you." 
"I have a bad feeling about this." 
"I'd just as soon kiss a Wookiee."
I mean, maybe not everybody uses these on a regular basis, but say one of those lines, and I guarantee you that someone will smile. Of course, every fan of Star Wars has their go-to phrase, and I am no different.

Via The Princess and Senator Tumblr
I alluded to this back on Day 24, in which I described to you my favorite scene in The Empire Strikes Back, and of course, since Leia is my favorite character, it makes sense that she is the one who utters my favorite quote:
I AM NOT A COMMITTEE!
Everything about this line, as well as the general banter between Leia and Han, is a big reason as to why Empire worked as well as it did. The characters and the plot work together to show that these two people are slowly realizing they love each other; even outbursts like Leia's are filled to the brim with sexual tension, especially since she and Han had just kissed for the first time a few moments before. However, their personalities are still in tact. She's exasperated at what seems like Han's hastiness, and he's in a hurry to escape a space worm but doesn't really have the time to explain. It's just brilliant, unlike the forced romance between Leia's parents in the prequel trilogy.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...