Monday, February 1, 2016

29 Day Cowboy Bebop Challenge, Day 1: How I Was Introduced to Cowboy Bebop

Via Online Anime Store
I have to thank Toonami for so many things: The Big O, Tenchi Muyo, Reboot, Sailor Moon (coming soon to a challenge near you!), Space Dandy (I am not ashamed of this in the least), Gundam Wing, and of course, Cowboy Bebop.

To be completely honest, I didn't really care for it at first. Sure, it was well-animated and everything, but I only watched haphazardly because, well, I was still in high school at the time and I couldn't always stay awake for Adult Swim. Plus, it's a very episodic sort of show, or at least, I thought it was, but like so many anime, there was so much more to the series that I didn't realize.

Then college hit and sleep became something negotiable, so I actually started watching the show when it aired. And of course, because I am a giant dork, I couldn't wait for later episodes, so I went and bought the entire series on DVD, bingeing on the whole thing. I fell in love with the characters and the story and the incredibly intricate world the creators built behind them, and I have yet to see another anime - yes, even Sailor Moon - that captured me the way Bebop did and still does. It's in the top five of my favorite shows, and Toonami is the reason.

And that's all I really have for today, but yay, the rest of the month is going to be a blast!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...