Sunday, February 7, 2016

29 Day Cowboy Bebop Challenge, Day 5: Least Favorite Episode

You know when you really can't stand something but you don't really know why? Like, okay, so "Gateway Shuffle" is my absolute least favorite episode of Cowboy Bebop, and for years, I could not figure out exactly why I loathed it so. Was it the goofy premise - eco-terrorists turning humans into monkeys - or the over-the-top voice acting (which is weird because the voice actors are usually top notch) or ... something? Character designs?

Via Legend of Otaku
Then on my rewatch for this challenge, I figured it out: it just doesn't fit within the rest of the episodes, almost like it's filler or somebody's pet project that they just had to get aired. It also wraps up so neatly, with the main villain (pictured above) getting her comeuppance. It's not really a shitty episode or anything; it just doesn't match the quality of all the other sessions.

And that's really all I have to say about that. You know, I think being apathetic toward something really is worse than hating it with a passion.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...