Monday, February 8, 2016

29 Day Cowboy Bebop Challenge, Day 7: Least Favorite Main Character

Picking my least favorite character on shows with large main casts - like Battlestar Galactica (damn, I link back to that post a lot), for example - is a fairly easy task, but on shows like Bebop, it's a bit more difficult. Not only are there only five main characters, but I care about them almost equally. I suppose the easiest way to do this is to narrow it down to two and then pick which one just doesn't do as much for me.
  1. Faye Valentine
  2. Jet Black
Out of those two characters, I'm sadly going to have to go with Jet Black.
Via Cowboy Bebop Wiki
For some reason, I'm not as connected to Jet emotionally like I am to Faye. We know more about his past, sure, but his character arc isn't nearly as dynamic as hers. While Faye develops beautifully throughout the series, Jet just kind of ... is Jet, always and forever. Not necessarily a bad thing, because hell, every story with a bunch of misfits needs at least one straight man, but it doesn't really endear him to me.

Now, he is kind of the glue that keeps the whole ship together, establishing relationships with each crew member in his own special way, so he's got that going for him, and out of all the characters - if they were real people, mind you - Jet is the only one I'd bang. So ... there's that?

Well, I think that's all I am going to write about tonight, because a) I'm super far behind and I need to write a couple more entries before I pass the fuck out and b) I have nothing really else to say.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...