Thursday, February 23, 2017

28 Day Friends Challenge, Day 14: Favorite Season Five Episode

By the time the fifth season comes around, any excuse to watch Ross humiliate himself is enough for me to sit down with a bag of freshly popped popcorn. When he sabotaged flirting with the pizza delivery woman Caitlin in "The One Where Ross Can't Flirt," I guffawed as he started babbling about the smell that's added to gas because 1) who hasn't flirted awkwardly and 2) it's Ross making an ass out of himself.
Via Potterwars
But the absolute best example of this happened in my favorite episode from Season Five, "The One with All the Resolutions." His leather pants debacle is so goddamn funny the whole way through that I still laugh so hard when I watch this one. If it had been any other character, I might have felt bad for him, but nope, this is Ross we're talking about.


Plus, this episode is just so solid otherwise. Well, Monica's lie about cleaning Chandler's room was ludicrous, if only because both she and Chandler thought Rachel believed them. Other than that, I love every minute. Everyone's resolution ties into the story, giving them reasons to interact, even if it is tangential (i.e. Monica resolving to take more pictures, Phoebe wanting to fly a commercial jet, and Joey wanting to learn how to play the guitar so one of his talents on his resume is true). I love the scene where Rachel, who isn't supposed to gossip, both wants to and can't tell Joey, who so badly wants someone else to talk to about Monica and Chandler. This is just an example of how great the writers of this show could be. Too bad it isn't as consistent as I'd like.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...