Monday, February 6, 2017

28 Day Friends Challenge, Day 6: Favorite Guest Star

There were some pretty amazing guest stars on Friends (and some pretty terrible ones, too), and it is difficult to narrow it down to just one. Normally, I'd make this a tie because, hey, it's my blog and therefore only my rules apply, but this time, I'm actually going to make a choice*.
Via YouTube
Susan Sarandon as Jessica Lockhart was brilliant. Like, seriously. Her playing opposite Matt Le Blanc was perfect, and their chemistry was palpable. Plus, I love Susan Sarandon in an almost unhealthy way, and I'm 100% okay with this.

I wasn't too keen on the subtle mockery of the Mexican cinema industry, but that's another discussion for another time perhaps. Also the ageism, but that is actually pretty accurate in terms of entertainment. And the storyline was ludicrous, but who cares? You kind of expect that sort of thing from a soap opera, especially when it's on a show like Friends, so it's at least kind of believable.

The storyline was ludicrous, of course, but who cares? I also wasn't too keen on the subtle mockery of the Mexican cinema industry, but that's another discussion for another time perhaps.

* Honorable Mentions: Brooke Shields as Erika was nothing short of hilarious, and I love that they gave her a show of her own based on her performance. And Bruce Willis' turn as Rachel's love interest Paul had me cracking up, especially his "Love Machine" bit. God, I laugh just thinking about it.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...